Hollywood’s comedian king Jimmy Kimmel is set to host the ceremony, coming as the second celebrity to host the awards back-to-back after Billy Crystal. On Monday 5th, the nominees assembled for the 2018’s Oscar nominees portrait at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, which is some form of tradition for the final event.
At the luncheon, several nominees were depicted, some of which include Lisa Bruce, Octavia Spencer, Mark Krieger, Steven Spielberg, Bryan Fogel, Willem Dafoe, and Margot Robbie. Our stars looked smart as always, showcasing smiley faces that stream to the clouds. Of course, this was a chance for interaction as we head to the final event next month.
. There are 24 categories in the Oscars challenge, but will simply deal with a few right now.
The nominees with their films include;
- Dunkirk – Christopher Nolan
- Lady Bird – Greta Gerwig
- Get Out – Jordan Peele
- The Shape of Water – Guillermo del Toro
- Phantom Thread – Paul Thomas Anderson
Tight right? But isn’t tight enough since notable directors like Ridley Scott, Steven Spielberg, and David Fincher are missing on the list. However, the list makes us suspenseful enough for the day as it holds Christopher Nolan, Paul Thomas Anderson, and Guillermo del Toro. It’s quite difficult to make predictions in this category as Jordan Peele made a grand horror breakthrough, whereas Greta Gerwig made a spectacular drama. The award could land in Christopher Nolan’s hands.
Our nominees include;
- Timothée Chalamet – Call Me by Your Name
- Gary Oldman – Darkest Hour
- Daniel Day-Lewis – Phantom Thread
- Daniel Kaluuya – Get Out
- Denzel Washington – Roman J. Israel, Esq.
Yes, this is tough indeed, with each main actor’s role superb or uncompromised. All these actors managed to give an excellent performance, but unfortunately, the award goes to a single nominee, who may be Gary Oldman.
- Frances McDormand – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
- Sally Hawkins – The Shape of Water
- Saoirse Ronan – Lady Bird
- Margot Robbie – I, Tonya
- Meryl Streep – The Post
Here we go, will it be Saoirse Ronan or Frances McDormand, who makes a terrible and bold move after months of her child’s murder? Margot Robbie is another star in a jaw-dropping film, however, the award could go to Frances McDormand.
- Movies in this category include;
- Darkest Hour
- Call Me by Your Name
- Get Out
- Lady Bird
- The Post
- Phantom Thread
- The Shape of Water
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
All these are major blockbusters comparable to missiles. Darkest Hour is captivating, Lady Bird- a true life inspiration, Phantom Thread- a love story of its kind, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, a true jaw-dropping film, The Shape of Water- a movie worth your time among others, not forgetting “Get Out” that stars Daniel Kaluuya in a true horror film. However, could the award go to Call Me by Your Name?
- Films in this category include;
- The Breadwinner – Nora Twomey, Anthony Leo
- The Boss Baby – Tom McGrath, Ramsey Ann Naito
- Ferdinand – Carlos Saldanha
- Coco – Lee Unkrich, Darla K. Anderson
- Loving Vincent – “Dorota Kobiela, Hugh Welchman, Sean Bobbitt, Ivan Mactaggart……”
- Could Ferdinand “Carlos Saldanha” or The Boss Baby – Tom McGrath take the award, but a tie is still prevailing between these and Nora Twomey’s The Breadwinner.
Woody Harrelson – “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
Willem Dafoe – “The Florida Project”
Richard Jenkins – “The Shape of Water”
Woody Harrelson – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri- (Martin McDonagh)
Sam Rockwell – Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri- (Martin McDonagh)
It seems like “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” nominees are taking over the list, but it seems like a winner could emerge from The Shape of Water “Richard Jenkins”
- Allison Janney – I, Tonya
- Lesley Manville – Phantom Thread
- Laurie Metcalf – Lady Bird
- Mary J. Blige – Mudbound
- Octavia Spencer – The Shape of Water
- Laurie Metcalf – Lady Bird
Mary J. Blige finally won a nomination in this category and it won’t be disappointing if she takes the award. However, she will have to take it after beating Octavia Spencer, Lesley Manville, or Allison Janney.